Junior Graphic Designer - Job Description
Sweet Cures requires a junior graphic designer to support the team in creating a range of artwork for use online, in print, for videos, packaging to name a few. The job will vary daily, with bespoke requests for artwork being required for all aspects of the business. We're looking for a driven individual who wants to push boundaries with design, but also understands the importance on building and retaining the core values the brands already represents.
Junior Graphic Designer Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Willing to support other teams, such as answering phone calls, taking customer orders.
Work Hours & Benefits
The position can be part time or full time, with hours being flexible between the hours of 8:30am – 6pm. Competitive hourly wage, with work-based pension.
Graphic Designer Qualifications and Skills
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Layout skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software.
- Acute vision.
- Time-management skills.
- Communication skills.
- Handles rejection.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design.
- Two to Three years of experience in graphic design.
How to Apply
Please send a covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – Closing date for applications: 31st of March